For a grab and go lunch, food prepared in Mason jars is great way to eat something healthy and quick. Easy to transport, they don’t require too much preparation and cleaning. This Quinoa Chicken Salad in a jar makes an amazing clean eating lunch.
For these Mason jar layered quinoa, chicken, spinach and all the other ingredients. For this recipe, you will need some cooked quinoa. Here is How to Cook Quinoa.
Dressings always go on the bottom and greens on the top. Create your own recipe with what you have available in your fridge.
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups baby spinach, roughly torn
- Make Mustard Vinaigrette: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oil until all oil is incorporated.
- Divide Mustard Vinaigrette equally among 4 pint-sized mason jars. Divide chicken over dressing. Layer remaining ingredients, ending with spinach. Top with lids and refrigerate up to 4 days. To serve, pour onto plate or bowl, stir and enjoy.