This Red Beet Smoothie is full of good stuff. Rich in folate, beets are also a great source of copper and iron. This bright Red Beet Smoothie is bursting with nutrients.
Choose organic beets to make your smoothie.
Make sure to cut the beets into small chunks before adding to your blender.
I use a high-speed blender like Vitamix to make my smoothies.
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 fresh beet, washed, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 large handful fresh kale
- ½ naval orange peeled
- ½ cup frozen berries
- Fresh ginger, to taste (I used 3-4 thin slices of fresh ginger)
- ½ cup ice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup iced water ( may be more or less) Juice of 1 lemon
- Put all ingredients into Vitamix or similar machine. Start on slow and move up to high. Blend until smooth.
Category: Drinks and Smoothies