Simple vegan ice cream made with coconut milk, almond milk, and agave. Not only dairy free, this ice cream is flavorful and nutritious.
Homemade ice cream is always a treat. In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth. I use the Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2 Speed. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, White and freeze.
Use the full fat coconut milk in the ice cream recipe.
Toasted coconut adds flavor and makes an attractive topping for ice cream.
In a frying pan over medium high heat, stir 1 cup sweetened shredded dried coconut until golden 1 -2 minutes. Let cool and store in an airtight container.
- 1 can (14-ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup toasted shredded coconut
- Combine coconut milk, almond milk, agave or maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the blender in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until well chilled.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to airtight containers and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Garnish with toasted shredded coconut.