I love ice cream, specially in the summer. When craving for something sweet and cold, homemade ice cream is a real delight.
By making your own ice cream, you can determine exactly what goes into it, choosing healthy ingredients.
This raw ice cream is 100% dairy free, made with vanilla beans, cashews and natural sweetener.
“Maple syrup is a great source of manganese, and contains calcium, potassium and zinc. Rich in antioxidants, this all-natural sweetener may help neutralize free radicals and reduce oxidative damage. Select the darker Grade B maple syrups that contain more of beneficial antioxidants than the lighter syrups.” according to Dr Oz.
Use your favorite toppings before serving.
- 2 vanilla beans
- 2 cups organic cashews soaked for 1 hour
- 2 cups purified water
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Cut the vanilla beans and grind to a fine powder in a coffee grinder.
- Rinse and drain the cashews.
- Combine vanilla, cashews, water and maple syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- When ready, transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer until ready to serve.