These pumpkin bars are stunning. This fall inspired treat will become a favorite.
The sweet aroma of cinnamon and pumpkin wafted through the kitchen during the baking time. These yummy bars are also healthy.
They are also nutritious with the addition of oats, pecan and coconut oil.
I loved those pumpkin bars. …and how I wanted to make them again.
If you don’t have homemade pumpkin butter, you can use store-bought! Trader Joe’s and William Sonoma have a good one!
Pumpkin Butter is easy to make and the flavor is amazing!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spiced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 10 ounces pumpkin butter, homemade or store-bought
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, process oats, pecans, salt, and spices until finely ground. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar and the melted coconut oil. Mix gently until the mixture comes together.
- Set aside ¾ cup for topping, and press the remaining mixture firmly and evenly into the prepared pan.
- Spoon the pumpkin butter evenly over the crust in the pan. Sprinkle the remaining ¾ cup crust mixture evenly over the pumpkin butter; press down lightly.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until brown on top.