Almost sinful! Your family and friends will love this devilishly 250-calories cake.
It is super easy to make and only takes 20 minutes. They just came out of the oven and they are warm fudgy and stunning!
A moist chocolate cake with a seductive center.
Even health-conscious eaters can have their chocolate cake and eat it too. The health profiles of these truly decadent-tasting Chocolate Cake are increased by using applesauce, egg white, white whole wheat flour and limiting the use of full-fat ingredients. These healthier substitutions will satisfy even the strongest chocolate craving.
I found this recipe in Clean Eating Magazine.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup cane sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly spray 4 4-oz custard cups or small ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder and sugar, whisk in applesauce and oil.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg and egg white and add to cocoa mixture, whisking until smooth
- Stir in flour and vanilla until flour is combined completely-do not over mix.
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared cups, place on a baking sheet and bake 9 minutes. Center should be soft but sides firm.
- Invert cups onto serving plates, let stand few minutes before removing from cups.
- Garnish with strawberries if desired.