Easy and quick to put together, they can be made in advance.
They are two-three bite sized treats, they will disappear fast.
The buttery crust, with a scrumptious filling is all you want from your apple pie.
With Thanksgiving being in only a couple of days, there is still some time to bake some pie.
Top with ice cream or whipped cream for a delicious dessert!
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold and cubed
- 2 tablespoons (or a little more) ice water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Ingredients for the filling:
- 4-6 apples
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut your butter into small cubes. Using a mixing bowl and a fork, mix butter into the flour.
- Add salt and sugar. Then add your ice water and mix well until a dough forms. Start with the 2 tablespoons of ice water, and if it isn’t coming together like a dough, start adding a little bit more at a time. Wrap dough in saran wrap and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Peel and chop your apples
- Mix brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, flour, salt and vanilla extract together in the mixing bowl
- Add those apples to the above mixture
- Get the dough out from the fridge.
- Place ¾ of the dough between two lightly floured pieces of wax or parchment paper and roll out until it is pretty thin
- Use a small bowl (I used a custard bowl or ramekin) to cut out little circles of dough that are slightly larger than the size of the circles in the cupcake tin
- Place circles into an un-greased cupcake tin, using a fork to poke little holes in the bottom
- Fill them up with apple mixture!
- Roll out the remaining ¼ of dough and cut small strips to use as the lattice top.
- Bake the pies for 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Personal Size Apple Pies! | Princessbaking | December 14, 2013