Give a twist to your regular banana bread. This Marbled-Chocolate Banana Bread is for the chocolate lover. Moist, soft and tender this chocolate banana bread will please the whole family.
We all know that anything Chocolate is pleasing! Add melted chocolate chips to the batter and you get the marble effect for this amazing Marbled-Chocolate Banana Bread.
This recipe is adapted from Cooking Light Magazine!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, place sugar and butter; beat at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add banana, eggs, and yogurt; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly. Add 1 cup batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Spoon chocolate batter alternately with plain batter into an 8½ x 4½-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Swirl batters together using a knife. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.