Few days ago, I made some Eggnog Cookies and they were delightful. I got carried away when grocery shopping and I bought too much Eggnog! But, no problem, this week, I am baking and guess What ? I am enjoying my eggnog recipes.
A fragrant, festive touch to any holiday celebration, this amazing eggnog bread is served with a lemon glaze.
The flavor is amazing. This eggnog loaf is very quick to put together. You can make the bread ahead of time and give it as gifts using small loaf pans.
This simple recipe uses ingredients you likely have on hand for the holidays already!
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 cup cane sugar or granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- LEMON ICING
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash freshly grated nutmeg
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat the eggs, eggnog, sugar, butter and vanilla extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into three greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
- Prepare icing: Combine sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg. Stir in enough lemon juice to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle cooled loaf with icing.