This is a tropical dessert. Taking sushi rice and making it into a simple sweet rice pudding, rolled on chocolate crepes and filled with your favorite fruits.
This is like sushi but in a dessert form.
Serve your maki with a chocolate sauce, a raspberry sauce or a mango puree.
You will need a Chocolate Crepes Recipe.
- 1¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup natural cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sushi rice
- Chocolate Crepes recipe
- Place the rice in a pot and wash the rice, swishing it with your hands. Drain and repeat 3 times until the water is no longer milky. Drain well.
- Fill a pot with water, sugar and vanilla. Turn the heat to high and boil. When boiling, add the rice, cover and reduce the heat. Cook for about 15 minutes or until ready.
- Let the rice cool down before using it
- Take a crepe, spread some rice on the surface and add the diced mango. Roll.
- Put in plastic wrap and refrigerated for 1 hour.
- Repeat the step with the other crepes and the strawberries
- When ready to serve, cut in pieces.