Who knew it was possible to create delicious frozen desserts without the milk and the cream? Few years ago, when I started making some raw food recipes for one of my clients, there were’t many options for nondairy frozen treats, available in health food stores.
Using a raw nut cream in the same way ice cream uses dairy cream gives a rich, flavorful vegan ice cream that would easily satisfy any expectations.
Organic cashews is the base for my vegan ice cream. You can flavor your ice cream with your favorite berries.
I use my High Performance blender Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend, 2 Speed.
I use an ice cream maker,Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, White.
If you don’t have one, you can instead place your ice cream into a bowl. Place it into the freezer and stir frequently until frozen.
Defrost for 10 minutes before eating.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups organic cashews or cashew pieces, soaked for 2 hours.
- 2 cups purified water
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or according to your taste
- 1 cup packed hulled organic strawberries
- Cut the vanilla bean into small pieces. Grind to a fine powder in a clean coffee grinder.
- Combine the ground vanilla, cashews, water, syrup and strawberries in a blender. Blend on high speed until silky and smooth at least 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to airtight containers and store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Sites That Link to this Post
- 3 Decadent Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipes - citronlimette | August 14, 2015