This Chocolate Bundt Cake is Surprisingly light and incredibly moist under its silky chocolate Bailey Irish Cream glaze.
The cocoa powder gives the cake a more intense chocolaty flavor. Be sure to use a high-quality cocoa powder; it makes a huge difference in the final product.
This bullet-proof recipe is easy and can be used for any other type of cake.
This cake is the best chocolate cake you ever had and I am so not kidding.
Moist, rich and delicious, very chocolaty and rich, this cake is a dream but wait it does not stop here, the Irish Cream glaze!!! OMG!! It is amazingly good! The Baileys Irish Cream Glaze is out of this world!
A 6-cup Bundt pan is smaller than the standard size. You can also use a 9-inch round cake pan.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Irish Cream Glaze
- 1 tbsp Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add butter, egg whites, and egg; beat with a mixer at low speed 1 minute. Beat at high speed 1 minute. Add milk ,Irish Cream, and vanilla; beat 1 minute. Pour batter into a 6-cup Bundt pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together all glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake, then use a spatula to spread gently into an even layer. Allow glaze to set for at least 2 hours at room temperature before storing the cake.