Of all the berries, blueberries are probably my favorite. They are truly a superfood. They are sweet and plump. I usually eat them for breakfast with oatmeal or yogurt.
I also enjoy baking with them.
They are Antioxidant-rich and a good source of vitamin C and an excellent source of fiber.
How about waking up to the smell of warm blueberry bread!! A great way to start off your morning with wholesome ingredients for a better breakfast.
Bake the bread in an 8×4 inch loaf pan or in individual loaf pans.
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- • ⅔ cup brown sugar
- • 4 tablespoons flour
- • ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk. Fold in nuts, and blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Mix together the 2 tablespoons melted butter, ⅔ cup brown sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, and ½ tsp. cinnamon. Mix all ingredients until crumbly. Crumble onto the top of the bread batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.