I just had a craving for a one of my favorite desserts. This Berry Pound Cake is light, moist and so tender.
This delightful pound cake is packed with berries and tastes like heaven.
The Butter and eggs should be the first ingredients prepared , so they have a chance to stand at room temperature and lose their chill while the oven heats.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 3 minutes). Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 2 tablespoons flour with blueberries, and cranberries in a small bowl, and toss well. Combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in blueberry mixture and vanilla; divide cake batter evenly between 2 loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to an 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan.
Inspired from Cooking Light Magazine.