With this decorative shape, a Bundt cake doesn’t require fussy finishing techniques.
Simple, delicious without any complicated steps.
This applesauce Bundt cake with pecan swirl tastes every bit as good at its looks.
The pecan swirl gives some richness to the cake.
The addition of the applesauce and yogurt, make the cake moist and tender.
Bundt cakes are baked in a tube pan with fluted sides.
- 6oz. low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spices
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups cane sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted or olive oil
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup pecans, chopped
- ⅓-cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray, and dust with flour.
- To make Swirl: Whisk together cream cheese, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and pecans in a bowl; set aside.
- To make Cake: Whisk together in a mixing bowl, flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spices. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until light and pale in color. Stir in the coconut oil, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into yogurt mixture until thoroughly combined. Pour half of batter into prepared Bundt pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter. Spread remaining batter on top of cream cheese mixture. Drag knife or wooden skewer through batter and cream cheese mixture to swirl. Bake 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in Cake comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the topping, whisk confectioner’s sugar with 1 Tablespoon water. Drizzle over the cake and sprinkle with pecans.