These cupcakes are moist and tender, and they’re full of chopped apples. They have a lovely texture.
The perfect cupcake recipe for any occasion. These sweet indulgences include fall flavors!
Tender apple cupcakes with a sweet and crunchy topping of brown sugar and almonds, then drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze.
These cupcakes are filled with real bits of apple and wonderful flavor of cinnamon and sugar. They’re ideal for any time of day, from breakfast to dessert.
I have adapted the recipe from Cooking Light!
- Cooking spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- ¾ cup finely chopped Gala apple
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place muffin cup liners in 12 muffin cups; coat with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon 1½ cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine sugar, cream cheese, and ¼ cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add vanilla, and egg to sugar mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Combine yogurt and ¼ cup milk in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Combine apple and 1 tablespoon flour in a small bowl; toss well.
- Add flour mixture and yogurt mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat just until blended. Fold in apple mixture. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- To prepare the streusel, combine 2 tablespoons flour, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal; stir in almonds. Sprinkle streusel evenly over cupcakes. Bake at 350° for 27 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes on a wire rack, and remove the cupcakes from pan.
- To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and 4 teaspoons milk in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over cupcakes.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Cupcakes to Satisfy That Craving - Good Recipes Online | May 7, 2013