Please your taste buds with a delicious warming dessert. This recipe for Slow Cooker Apple Crisp Stuffed Apples is the perfect fall dessert. Crunchy, simple and amazingly good.
It’s the time of the year when apples taste so good, and the variety and crisp texture are spectacular.
You’ll love it when the warm apples and cinnamon smells fill your house, adding a sense of coziness and warmth.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream
- 4 apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup quick cooking oat
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 cup apple juice or apple cider
- Wash and core the apples.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, walnuts, oat, cinnamon, and cranberries.
- Divide the mixture between the apples, packing the wells firmly.
- Spray the slow cooker with a non-stick spray, add the apple juice, then gently place your apples inside.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. You can test the apples by poking a paring knife through the oatmeal mixture and into the interior of the apple; it should slide into the apple easily When ready, the apples should be very soft to the touch/poke.
Sites That Link to this Post
- 31 Irresistible Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes - Simply Stacie | September 29, 2015