These soft and satisfying Vegan Granola Bars are just about the most addicting snack you can make. Not too sweet and loaded with healthy ingredients.
These granola bars are super easy to make, and can go from ingredients to oven in about twenty, twenty five minutes. You can make these completely yours, more sweet, less sweet, and use whatever ingredients you want. I have made these with other nuts and seeds and they were delicious.
Here is a healthy recipe that you can add to the “Lunch Box”. It’s perfect for on the go.
No time for breakfast, grab one in the morning to boost your energy.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbs. Ground Flaxseeds
- ½ Tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ cup Nut Butter (I used almond butter)
- 3 Tbs. Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Agave
- 3 Tbs. Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla
- ½ cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup mixed dried fruits
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 8x8 inch pan and set aside.
- Add ½ cup of oats and almonds, ¼ cup of cashews and sunflower seeds into the bowl of a food processor. Process until fine (not too long or it will start to turn into nut butter!) then pour into a large bowl. Roughly chop the remaining almonds and cashews, then add to the bowl. Add remaining old fashioned oats ,sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and salt then mix well and set aside.
- In a separate, microwave-safe bowl, add the nut butter and coconut oil. Microwave for about 30 seconds, until coconut oil has melted. Add the melted coconut oil and nut butter to your dry ingredients, along with the agave, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and dried fruits.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared baking pan and use a spatula to flatten the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in the fridge.
Sites That Link to this Post
- 25 Back to School Healthy Kid Friendly Snacks | SugarFreeMom.com | August 25, 2013