I actually found it pretty easy to re-create some of my favorite bars at home, using nothing more than a food processor. These energy bar recipes can be whipped up in practically no time for a fraction of the price.
Full of healthy foods such as dates, goji berries, walnuts, and sunflower seeds, that will keep you going through the day.
Commercial versions are overpackaged and full of sugar, these bars on the contrary all loaded with superfood.
I like to add Cacao Nibs in my bars; they are small pieces of cacao beans. They add a rich, dark-chocolate crunch to recipes.
These bars are very forgiving. You can choose to use your favorite nuts and seeds and your favorite dried fruits.
Goji Berry is the high-energy berry of a special Himalayan tree, it is one of the most nutritious powerful foods.
Harvested in the Himalayan, Goji Berries taste like a vibrant blend of berries and chocolate. Hidden within its ruby pigment is the magic that makes it nature’s perfect energy fruit. Goji is packed full of antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acids. Although Goji may not be available in your local supermarket, you can find it in several health food and gourmet stores.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 6 dates
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ cup agave
- ½ cups cocoa nibs
- 1 cup goji berries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grind walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds in a food processor. Add the dates and pulse the mixture few times, leaving some texture.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl; add the other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Spread mixture into an 8×8 pyrex baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve
Sites That Link to this Post
- 9 Homemade Energy Bar Recipes - life by dailyburn | August 1, 2013
- Goji Berry Energy Bars - FoodSniffr Blog | August 8, 2013
- 5 Vegetarische Goji Gerechten | Goji Bessen | November 5, 2013
- Energy Bars & Cold Weather Running | a girl on the move | February 8, 2014