A powerfully energizing treat, these antioxidant Chocolate Oat Bars are seriously 100% fabulous.
The convenient nutrition of these yummy bars has made them a favorite among my clients.
Double the batch and wrap them up, and stick them in the freezer until you need a fabulous treat.
Goji berries are loaded with beta-carotene (a pigment found in plants and fruits) which helps promote healthy skin. Goji berries are an antioxidant-packed superfood known to promote longevity.
These small-size fruits are chewy and taste like a cross between a cranberry and a cherry.
Try these healthy crunchy bars!
- ¼ cup coconut oil + 1 Tablespoon
- ¾ cup soft Medjool dates, pits removed
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia powder
- 1½ cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup ground pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ cup goji berries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 8z8-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- In a small saucepan, melt the remaining coconut oil into a warm liquid. Pour the coconut oil into a food processor, and add the dates, almond milk, chia powder. Blend until a smooth paste has formed, stopping the machine and scraping down the sides if needed.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin seeds. Stir in the dates and mix well. Fold in the chocolate and cacao nibs.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press firmly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown are cooked through..
- Let cool and cut in rectangles.
adapted from Superfood Kitchen, Julie Morris