This recipe allows you to use up some ripe bananas.
Nice and moist these chocolate and banana cookies are very nutritious.
The banana and oats give a soft and tender texture to these cookies.
The addition of all the different flours bring a beautiful marriage of flavors to the banana cookies.
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of mashed bananas ( about 2½ bananas)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, oats, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg with the sugar until light and pale in color. Stir in the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir to combined.
- Fold in the mashed bananas and the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies are light brown in color.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two - Cupcakes & Kale Chips | February 13, 2014