You may have seen a lot of quinoa recipes on the blog recently, and today I’m adding another: my Quinoa and Broccoli Frittata. We just came through the Year of Quinoa, after all, so now’s a perfect time to add quinoa to your healthy food intake. I have learned to love this tiny seed and use it in my cooking on a regular basis. Even some of my clients who were resistant to trying quinoa are now raving about it.
For this frittata, you can adapt the recipe to your own taste. It’s a very forgiving recipe, and you can use your favorite vegetable in place of the broccoli, if you want. I usually make this recipe with whatever veggies I have in the frig, depending on my mood. If you prefer, you can also make it with egg whites only.
These frittatas are such a hit for a brunch. If you’re feeding others, make sure you make enough because they will go very fast. This recipe makes about 10–12 muffin-sized frittatas.
- ½ cup quinoa
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked and cut in pieces
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with liners or coat with non-stick spray.
- Place quinoa and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 10–15 minutes, until grain is slightly translucent and water is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, broccoli, cheese, onion, tomatoes, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and garlic together. Add in cooked quinoa and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon frittata mixture into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup almost full. Bake for 20–25 minutes until cooked through.