Making muffins with bran is a smart way to add more fiber to your diet. You probably know that fiber is important to good health.
Need a boost after your workout? These wonderful Protein Wheat Bran Muffins taste amazingly good. Not only does this recipe taste great, but it is good for you.
Adding protein powder is a great way to ensure you are getting enough protein in a day.
- 2 cups wheat bran
- ¾ cup plain low or non-fat yogurt
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup (65g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (35g) whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops protein powder ( use your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Spread the wheat bran on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for six to eight minutes, stirring a few times so it cooks evenly. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the toasted bran, yogurt, and brown sugar.
- Stir in the oil, egg and egg white.
- Mix together the flours, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and sift directly into the wet ingredients. Stir until the ingredients are just combined, then mix in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, making sure the batter fills the tin, and is mounded slightly in each one. Because muffin tins can vary in size, if your tins are larger, make fewer muffins.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the muffins feel set in the center.