Packed with blueberry flavor, these Blueberry Muffins have a delicate texture and a delicious golden crust.
These muffins will disappear as quickly as you could make them.
Use this basic muffin recipe and add your favorite berries.
For a nice crunch, sprinkle some coarse sugar on top of the blueberry muffins.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup milk ( I used almond milk)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your muffin tin of choice with non-stick spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until light and pale in color. Stir in milk, butter, yogurt and vanilla. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix everything together by hand. Avoid overmixing. The batter will be thick and somewhat lumpy. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins, filling all the way to the top. Top with a sprinkle course sugar, if preferred. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until tops are lightly golden and centers appear set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before serving.