Drinking green smoothie just make me feel good. It is like comfort food because it is so nourishing.
This is one version of what I put in my Vitamix. You can create endless variations, using different greens, fruits and supplements.
I like to add cilantro to my smoothie. Cilantro is delicious, fragrant and among the most healthful herbs. You either like it or hate it.
Start by blending the more liquid ingredients, and then add and blend in the greens, a handful at a time until your blender is full.
- 1 lemon outer yellow peel cut away
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ice
- In a blender, blend the lemon, cucumber, banana, and apple.
- Add the herbs, and greens a bit at a time and blend
- Add water and ice.
- Continue blending.
- Add more water if needed.
- Store in a sealed glass jar and refrigerated.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Top 25 Raw Vegan Smoothie Recipes | Raw Vegan Power | August 7, 2013
- Top 10 Best Pre-Workout Drinks To Boost Your Energy - Top Inspired | December 9, 2013