Drinking green smoothie just make me feel good. It is like comfort food, it is so nourishing.
This is one version of what I put in my Vitamix. You can create endless variations, using different greens, fruits and supplements.
I like to add cilantro to my smoothie. Cilantro is delicious, fragrant and among the most healthful herbs. You either like it or hate it.
To achieve a smooth blending, layer your smoothie ingredients with dense, harder ingredients at the bottom, followed by lighter ingredients and finally liquid.
- 1 lemon outer yellow peel cut away
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 bunch of kale
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup ice
- In a blender, blend the lemon, cucumber, banana, and apple.
- Add the herbs, and greens a bit at a time and blend
- Add water and ice.
- Continue blending.
- Add more water if needed.
- Store in a sealed glass jar and refrigerated.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Top 25 Raw Vegan Smoothie Recipes | Raw Vegan Power | August 7, 2013
- Top 10 Best Pre-Workout Drinks To Boost Your Energy - Top Inspired | December 9, 2013