This is a nice way to enjoy quinoa. Cooked in coconut milk and top with fruits and nuts, this quinoa salad will maximize your energy.
Quinoa is one of my favorite food. High in protein and fiber, it is an excellent source of magnesium and iron.
A colorful succulent summer salad for a healthy breakfast or a light lunch.
Top with your favorite fruits and nuts.
- ½ cup quinoa ( white)
- ½ cup red quinoa
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Walnuts, chopped
- In a mesh sieve, rinse quinoa until water runs clear.
- In a saucepan combine quinoa, water, coconut milk, vanilla and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- When ready, fluff with a fork.
- In a bowl, mix your fruits with maple syrup.
- Divide the quinoa among serving bowl, top with fruit mixture and sprinkle some nuts.