Homemade granola is so much healthier than most store-bought granola and contains no oil. Chocolate almond Granola can be very addictive.
Granola makes a delectable breakfast in the morning. Serve with your favorite milk, or over yogurt. Just add your favorite fruits or nuts or seeds.
This granola is filling and will keep you going on a busy day. Make sure you make enough. It won’t last long.
The chocolate add another dimension to the granola. Let’s be honest here, everything tastes better with chocolate.
- 1 cup sunflowers seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cups pecan, chopped
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick mat.
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- In a medium-sized saucepan , mix together the wet ingredients except the vanilla extract.
- Heat until the mixture is warm, stirring constantly stir in the extract and mix until combined.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir well until everything is coated. Mixture will be a bit dry at first but keep mixing as it will eventually come together! Adjust salt to taste. Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring once half way through baking. Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes on the baking sheet. Makes about 6 cups. Store in an air-tight container for 1-2 months.