A refreshing smoothie with a tropical flavor.
Get ready coconut lovers to taste this refreshing Berry Coconut Smoothie.
Coconut milk contains healthy fat and a good alternative for those choosing to go dairy-free.
Perfect for breakfast, a mid-morning snack, or a dessert substitution.
The coconut milk in a smoothie has lots of really good-for-you properties. Not to mention, the tropical flavor.
You don’t need a lot of coconut milk to make your smoothie coco-nutty. I generally like to use at least a third of a cup of coconut milk.
Add more milk if you want your smoothie to be creamier.
The coconut milk and the berries make this smoothie the perfect treat. Enjoy a smoothie with healthy ingredients.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 teaspoon flax seed meal
- 1 Tablespoon agave or a sweetener of your choice)
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Sites That Link to this Post
- 25 smoothies you need to try this summer | The Grass Skirt | July 2, 2013