I was driving to a client’s house for a day of cooking, and I was thinking about these banana nut muffins. I was a little early, so I stopped at Siesta Key on the way there. It was so quiet and peaceful, and I just wanted to share the view with you before we talk about my banana nut muffins.
Have you ever been to Siesta Key? It’s a lot different than Quebec, I assure you. Even after living here for over 20 years, I still can’t get enough of views like these.
Now back to our muffins…
A freshly baked batch of muffins is always welcome. The whole house smells homey and warm, especially right after you take them out of the oven.
These muffins are the perfect recipe for using up those ripe bananas that nobody wants to eat. I much prefer baking my muffins at home instead of buying them. They are so much healthier and I can control the amount of sugar.
One banana nut muffin is a good source of vitamin E and iron, so these banana nut muffins make a healthy breakfast. And while I’d rather eat one while relaxing with a cup of coffee or tea, they are the perfect size to grab on the way to work or school.
This recipe makes a muffin that is moist, fluffy, and loaded with nuts. You could use any type of nuts for these muffins—they’re highly adaptable. I might try pecans next time.
The whole wheat flour and oatmeal in these banana nut muffins offer whole grains, while the walnuts add fiber. (We all need more fiber, isn’t that what the doctors are always saying?)
This is really a simple recipe. Try these easy banana nut muffins, and let me know how you like them.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- ¾ cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons regular oats
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour (about 1½ ounces)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare the muffins, lightly spoon 1 cup all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine banana and next 4 ingredients (through egg) in a bowl; stir well. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened; fold in walnuts. Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin cups. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups.
- To prepare streusel, combine oats and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Blend with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle streusel over batter. Bake at 375° for 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Top 10 Delicious Muffin Recipes To Try | October 25, 2015
- ????? ??? ? ?????? ?????? ?? ???? ??????. - ?????? | November 23, 2015