The last time I made some Granola Bars, they seem to vanish pretty quickly.
For these amazing Apricot Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, I paired chopped apricots, chocolate chips and dried coconut.
Feel free to substitute any dried fruit you’d like in these if you don’t have apricots or raisins on hand or are just feeling creative.
Coconut oil is often my go-to oil for cooking and baking.
Coconut oil is a great substitute for shortening, butter, margarine, or vegetable oil.
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped apricots
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 8x8 (or 9x9) baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together, brown sugar, flour, oats, sea salt, and baking powder.
- In another mixing bowl, add egg whites, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla. Lightly stir to combine.
- Mix in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Don't overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips, apricots and coconut. Mix gently.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes until sides are barely browning. Cool completely before cutting into squares. I waited 1 hour to cute into squares.