These Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Roasted Tomatoes, Peppers and Feta Cheese make a great vegetarian entrée or a delicious appetizer.
Portobello mushrooms are meaty and have a rich flavor.
Make the Oven-Roasted Tomatoes recipe in advance. You can also roast some red peppers, but I often buy my roasted red peppers in a jar to save some time.
Remove brown gills from the undersides of mushrooms using a spoon; discard gills. pop out the stems by pushing them from side to side until they snap out. Place mushrooms, gill sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 roasted tomatoes recipe
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Place the clean mushrooms on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Brush mushroom caps inside and out with the olive oil mixture. Sprinkle each cap with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the broiler. With the oven rack on the second to the top level, broil the mushrooms for 3-5 minutes until they are hot and the edges are starting to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Fill the caps with the roasted tomatoes, roasted red peppers and sprinkle some feta cheese, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until hot and the cheese has softened.
This recipe is adapted from A food Centric life blog!
Sites That Link to this Post
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms | Kitchenista | May 31, 2014