Looking for a great appetizer, these slow cooker Italian Meatballs are delectable.
These meatballs are a family favorite. They are so versatile. They can be serve as an appetizer or along with your favorite pasta.
The longer your sauce simmers, the more robust its flavor, the better the marriage of spices and herbs. And since we all know that the slow cooker is a great way to cook meat, these meatballs are very tender.
Slowly simmered and cooked directly in your favorite sauce these meatballs are simple. They’re perfectly moist and tender, while still holding their shape.
It’s not going to get much easier than this.
These meatballs will sure be a big hit.
The slow cooker can be your best friend when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
- 1½ pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh onion
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; shape mixture into 30 (1½-inch) meatballs.
- Combine sugar, ketchup , balsamic vinegar, and chili sauce, in an electric slow cooker; gently stir in meatballs. Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Christmas Recipes « Rants From My Crazy Kitchen | December 19, 2012
- Saturday Bloggers Showcase: Holiday Appetizer Recipe Round Up PLUS Year Long Link Party | November 17, 2013
- Perfect Party Foods: Fix & Forget Meatballs | August 4, 2014