Friday night is usually Pizza Night. These nachos go well with italian flavors.
The tortilla chips are evenly covered with an array of toppings including pizza sauce, cheeses, pepperoni, as well as fresh vegetables.
The great thing about these pizza nachos, is that you can make them your own way and use your imagination by using your favorite ingredients and toppings.
When I found this fun recipe on Tasty Kitchen. I knew I had to give it a try…. and it was amazingly good.
- FOR THE NACHOS:
- Your Favorite Crispy Tortilla Chips
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup Onion, Diced
- ½ cup Pepperoni, Cut Into Bite Size Pieces
- ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup Green Bell Pepper, Seeds Removed, Diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup Colby-Jack Cheese, Shredded
- ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF. I used a cast iron skillet for this recipe. If you do not have one, don’t worry, simply build your nachos on an oven-proof dish. First add your chips. Drizzle the pizza sauce all over the chips. Top with the onions, pepperoni, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Make sure you get in there and do some great layering.
- Top with the Colby Jack cheese and the mozzarella. Place in the preheated oven, and cook until the cheese is nice and bubbly and the veggies are warmed through, roughly 7 minutes or so.