These cute little mini meat pies are based on a traditional French-Canadian meat pie known as “Tourtiere”. Serve during the Holiday Season, Tourtière is a traditional dish for Christmas.
A simple filling of ground pork is seasoned with all-spices and cloves. Few days ago, I made my tourtière filling, I always make some extra to use for some Mini Meat Pies.
These cute little bites of flaky dough stuffed with an easy-to-season ground pork mixture are so good served with ketchup.
Puff Pastry works miraculously for these mini pies, these mini pies come together pretty quickly. They bake up even faster, and, once served, they disappear pretty fast.
Serve these mini meat pies for appetizer, they are good all year round, but even better during the Holidays.
You will need 1 cup of Tourtière filling.
- 1 cup of tourtière filling
- 1 lb package of puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- On a well-floured surface, roll out your puff pastry dough to just over 21 x 18 inches.
- Cut your dough into 3-inch squares.
- Working with about 6 squares at a time, put 1 tablespoon of meat filling in the center of each square and brush some beaten egg on the edges with a pastry brush.
- Fold the square diagonally, making sure to not get any meat on the edges. If you put too much filling in the center.
- Crimp the edges with your fingers to seal, and then press the edges with a fork to double-check the seal and to make a pretty pattern.
- Brush some more beaten egg on one side and place them on a cookie sheet so that they don’t touch each other.
- Cook in a 375F oven for about 15 minutes, or until brown on the top.
- Remove from the oven