Go beyond burgers and steaks and grill fresh fruit to serve as a side dish, salad, or dessert. Grilling fresh fruit brings out even more of its natural sweetness and creates a mouthwatering dish.
Peaches and other stone fruits work beautifully with the charring flames of a grill.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound firm peaches, halved and pitted
- ½ pound firm nectarines, halved and pitted
- Cooking spray
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare fruit, place fruit on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side. Remove from grill. Drizzle fruit with dressing. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine.